Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 14, 2016

2016 NHL Playoff Predictions


It's been a tough year for Canuck fans! (I'm a diehard)!  I KNOW! Nobody else is crying over it! I get it! Oiler fans are laughing, until we laugh back and throw draft pick jokes their way! Then they just say 'I'll beat you all up with my pipe wrench'!  Habs fans aren't fond of the Canucks either. Sure they'll go to games in Vancity, and bring half of the Canadiens' fan club with 'em. But if it comes down to arguing, Montreal will point to the old things hanging from the rafters at their own rink.  Flames fans? Hell, they don't even know where Vancouver is. Nothing exists past the Rockies.  Just like Leafs fans with the Ontario border! As for Winnipeg- well, we can all argue with those fuckers! They're just happy to be back in the NHL for now. Sadly, all of us are out of the playoffs this year. Even the Sens! They're still trying to figure out why! Was it the coach? The owner? Why didn't that Karlson kid throw us on his back?  We'll just let them stew on it a bit longer.
Here we are-- not a single Canadian team in the dance!  Might as well join the club and start making predictions for the Holy Grail this year!

ROUND 1



Islanders Panthers - A tough pick! I'm a huge Luongo fan. Of course. But growing up in the 80's, I saw some pretty good Islander teams. Still enjoy watching a few of their games each year. I'll go with Florida! Tavares, no Cup for you!







Oh tough! My second favorite team has always been the Flyers. I love how the rest of the fans in the league 'boo' the Flyers (for some odd reason, other teams' fans think the Broadstreet Bullies still exist). I'd love to see OV get a Cup, but I'm goin' with my heart. I pick The Flyers. 







Rangers are nothing without King Henrik! He's getting older. I can't see him toughing out a series like this. Although, Fleury has battled injury too. If we negate goaltending in this matchup, I believe the Pens win on sheer talent and full lines.







Sorry Detroit, your time has come! You have a great history. Like the Habs fans, you guys can keep pointing at the rafters (or the past as I like to say).  This HAS to be the year of Stamkos. Could you imagine paying all that money to the future of your team, and they can't even make it to the final? The hunger comes from the top and I believe Stevie Y can get the message to the team - This is your year. I pick the Lightning! 





Sharks have another aging roster of stars who 'almost' made it. How much longer can it continue? Look, we're all hockey fans, we hear the 'experts' talk about the leadership of Thornton and Marleau, then we hear the trade rumors. But you have to imagine they both might like a change of scenery just to avoid that crap each off season. Sadly, this will be another one of those off seasons. The Kings have everything they need to make it to the Cup final again. And it pisses me off. I pick the "gag" KINGS. 



This would be a great cup final in most years. But, first round? This matchup will be a great series, but like the Kings, I think the Hawks have the ingredients to go a long way in a tough race for the cup. If St. Louis can't pull off a victory in this series, I think we see some big changes in that line up. That's freakin' awesome! They have some great players, and I would hope my beloved Canucks could swoop in for the taking. HINT: Backes! Backes! (We did offer sheet the guy 3 years ago). Back on topic: Blackhawks will win. 



Two teams I could care less about. Dallas always sucks. Hate 'em. Minnesota is...well....they're a team with a goalie who used to play in Edmonton, right? Meh, who cares? Can Seguin and the Starlets make it past a stingy defence in Minny? Seriously, I don't know. Coin toss. Heads: Dallas. Tails: Minny.  Oh, look, it's heads. Dallas wins! 






Another series that should be a good Cup final! Alas, it will never happen and this will be a tough first round for both teams. I'm a huge Shea Weber fan. I'd love to see him make a Cup final, at least. Is Pekke Rinne good enough to make it past the Ducks potent offense? Tough call.  My Gawd, think of Getzlaff, Perry, Bieksa, Kesler, Freddy Anderson is a beast in net.  Boudreau is a decent coach, but after failing in Washington (even with Ovechkin), will this be the year Boudreau proves the Expert Panels wrong? I'm picking The Ducks! They are a strong, balanced team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment